Search Recipe in This Blog

Thursday, August 23, 2012

FRUIT LOOPS CHEESE TRUFFLES

Adapted from Ochi
Ingredients (for 16 balls):


4 oz cream cheese, softened to a room temperature
4 oz white chocolate
1 cup Fruit Loops, broken coarsely (for filling)
4 cups Fruit Loops (for coating)

Note: I use Fruit Loops cereal instead of the Japanese rice puffs (hina-arare) as the original recipe calls for.  Mine turned out a bit too sweet for my taste because of the Fruit Loops that is already sweet as is also the chocolate I used is more on the sweeter end.  I think I would use unsweetened or slightly sweetened rice puffs and a different brand of white chocolate.  If you have any recommendations for the white chocolate that I can try, please leave a comment below :-)

Direction:
1) Melt the chocolate using a double boiler method like below (place a container over a boiling water before placing the chocolate in it)















2) Once the chocolate has melted, add the cream cheese and mix well















3) Then add the Fruit Loops for filling and mix well gently















4) Divide the mixture into 16 and round each into a ball















5) Then roll it in Fruit Loops for coating 















6) Place it in the refrigerator to set it and then serve.  ENJOY!!!

Note: I brought mine to a hot and sunny swimming day of 90 F for the kids to enjoy.  The truffles ended up melting like crazy and became soggy (yikesss ... sorry kids!!!).  My recommendation is to serve them fresh from the refrigerator and enjoy them right away.

No comments: